All News

San Bernard Electric Cooperative has been contacted by several communications companies who want to attach equipment to our poles to supply service to the area. We are excited about what these communication services can provide to our area and to improve quality of life in the communities that we serve. We would like to explain how the process works and hopefully answer a few frequently asked questions.

SBEC has Pole Attachment License Agreements in place with the companies that allow them to attach to SBEC power poles. This agreement, nor SBEC’s existing power line easements with our Co-op members, does not allow other entities to enter private property without the landowner’s consent. It is up to the communication companies to obtain their own easements to access private property. If you have questions about a communication company that wants to access your property, call them directly.


Frequently Asked Questions:

There are no SBEC poles on my property, but they are along the road in front of my property. Does the communication company need an easement?

No, If the poles are located in the front of your property in State or County right-of-way, then the communication company does not need an easement from you. They will file the proper permits with the state or county that will allow them to access SBEC poles.

I own property in a subdivision, would the communication company need an easement from me?

If the subdivision is platted with the County and Utility Easements were provided by the developer, then no. The communication company can access SBEC poles utilizing the Utility Easement provide by the developer.

If a SBEC power line crosses my property, and I signed an easement with SBEC, can the communication company use the SBEC easement?

No, SBEC easements do not give the right for third-party communication companies to access your property. Each third-party company must obtain their own easement negotiated between the company and landowner.